Search This Blog

Friday 3 January 2014

Clarins; Lotus face treatment Oil

 



Recently my skin has been quite oily and no matter what skin base and setting powder I would uses, about 2 hours after applying "my face" all my make up would be separated and blotchy (not the look I was going for!) and I decided I need to treat my skin a little bit.

now you might be asking "AN OIL ON OILY SKIN!?" but don't worry, oily skin can often be dehydrated and instead of stripping your face of all natural oils and using hundreds of different chemicals, you should use a "balancing" and "nourishing" product and the Clarins lotus face oil for combination skin aims to do both of these things as well as minimizing pores and controlling the production of excess sebum (an oily substance secreted by the sebaceous gland, too much sebum causes blemishes and imperfections).

this face oils contains essential oils of rosemary and geranium to help balance the sebum production and purify skin, it also contains lotus extract (as the name would suggest) to help refine skin and is dermatologist tested (always a good sign)
I've recently been applying 3-5 drop morning and night and I have been extremely happy with the results, the oil absorbs into the skin almost immediately and leaves skin smelling lovely (quite floral, warm and herby) and felling soft and supple, don't be scared of it's bright yellow colour, it doesn't stain at all!
The morning after the first use I could see a dramatic improvement in my skin, my pores were in fact reduced and my skin looked much more even and my old sallow looking skin had completely vanished, and I noticed that throughout the day my make wore extremely well and there were no signs of separation until the very end of the day.
Although I have cut down to only using 3-4 drops at night on problem areas (my T-zone and the pores on my cheeks) as the end of my nose felt quite dry and tight so I've avoided putting any on that area just in case it's the oil that's drying it out (although I haven't experienced this on any other parts of my face)

Overall I am extremely happy with this purchase and I think it's wholeheartedly worth it's (quite) hefty price tag of £30 as you only use a few drops everyday which increases the longevity of the product.

have you tried this or anything else from Clarins? what are your favourite products for oily to combination skin?
let me know in the comments!

Robyn x

No comments:

Post a Comment