Search This Blog

Thursday 13 February 2014

Mini Drugstore Haul

 
 
recently I have been on a spending ban on account of saving up to go abroad (I've never even seen a plane in real life!). My withdrawal symptoms were just too much to handle and with all the new drugstore beauty releases I had to cave! 
 
 
 
Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in the shade in Demure: oh Revlon! with all these new lip lacquer and matte Balm releases you really didn't disappoint! although I prefer the Matte Balms (review coming soon!) I really enjoyed swatching the Lacquers and thought Demure would be the perfect lazy girl lip colour - and it is! it's a light baby pink, almost nude with a slight peachy tinge and some glitter (I hardly noticed the glitter whilst on my lips). It feels lovely on the lips and doesn't dry them out the way I feel some other "chubby stick" style products do; but beware, if you were not a fan of the original balm stain smell and "tingly feel" then you might not like these.

Maybelline colour show street artist  top coat in Alley Attitude: This is a really funky and fun topcoat that can make any nail colour pop, it's really easy to apply, it really look like someone has splatter paint over your manicured tips and has me staring at my nails for hours (does anyone else do that when their nail game is just so strong...nope just me?) I also feel as if this increases the longevity of my nail polish, probably because it's so damn hard to remove (as with any glittery/sequin nail polish) but that is the only down side!

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant pore eraser: I snapped this up the day it was released and it has taken me until now to decide my verdict... and my verdict is (drumroll please) I didn't really like it. It goes on with a very silicone/slick feel and although my foundation went over it smoothly and it did make my pores appear smaller, it slipped around my face and separated more than usual and it made my skin much more oily, I was hoping it was going to be an alternative for my Benefit Porefessional but sadly it's not.

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara: I have a love/hate relationship with this mascara it gives amazing volume but it doesn't do anything for the length (I actually felt it made my lashes look quite short!) and it's quite easy to go too far with this mascara and get the very clumpy "I can't open my eyes because my lashes are glued together by mascara" look. possibly might be better layered with a lengthening mascara like (my current favourite) Seventeen SUPERlash mascara


  I'd be really interested to know wether you have tried any of these products - in particular the Maybelline Baby Skin and the L'Oreal  miss manga mascara.
And as always let me know any of your beauty or skincare recommendations!
 
Robyn :)

No comments:

Post a Comment