Search This Blog

Thursday 2 January 2014

Happy new year from me to you

 
 
 
As most of you will (hopefully) be aware it's no longer 2013, we have in fact ventured into a new year full of new possibilities and experiences. After writing so many posts and not publishing them as they are not what I would like for my first "real" post on my blog, I decided what's better than posting about than my new years resolution's and hopes (it's not what my blog will be mainly about as the majority of post will be on beauty and skincare as that is my massive passion, but what better way for you all to get to know me in the new year).
 
 
I hope 2013 brought you everything you wanted and you had a happy and healthy year, for me 2013 was not the greatest year, you could call it my year of Anxiety and hopelessness and quite frankly I'm glad to see the back of it, all though not all of 2013 was a complete let down, the way the last month was turning out was awesome; shock horror: I actually went out, had a social life and had a brilliant time! I am hopeful that 2014 will indeed continue this way and thought I'd put my resolution's and promises in writing so that I have no excuse at the end of 2014 to say "I don't even remember my resolution's (ooppsie)". so, here we go!
 
  1. care less about what people think of me: I'm one of those people who are normally worrying about what's going on around them and how people perceive them and it's just stressful! stress is something I definitely do not need and it should only matter How the people I care about think about me and more importantly how I think about myself!
  2. Go out more: now I know this is a bit backwards people are normally like "I need to stop going out, spending money and drinking" but I never used to go out (especially to bars, clubs and pubs) for fear of old drunk lairy men and having a panic attack, but last month my friend was relentless and persuaded me to go to a bar/pub with her and I actually had FUN and met some really funny (and attractive ;)) people and I want to do it again! and I feel like it actually made me a little bit more confident and as 2014 is also my 18th year in this world I foresee me going out very soon in the future.
  3. actually turn up to college: I have been struggling for the past year and a half to force myself to go into college (to the point where it has actually affected my education) but this year, with my new found confidence, I'm going to actually turn up and make an effort if not solely for my sake then for my poor mother's sake who has been wonderful with putting up with my crazy insane ways and somehow is still the most wonderful person in the wold!
  4. Get Fit: normally when I get home from college I'm so tired (emotionally and physically) that I just end up sitting in the same seat and stuffing my face, unfortunately it's become a bit of a routine, I'm not over weight but I'm am definitely not healthy and this year I plan on doing something different, even if it's just going for a walk when I get back from college or after tea, Ideally I'd like to go to the gym twice a week and do at least half an hour of exercise everyday just to help stay healthy, but I cannot guarantee this will happen as often as I hope it will (as I'm writing this I am stuffing my face with mini Kinder Maxi's - YUM!) but I will try my hardest!
  5. Save money: if any of you knew me you'd already know that I have a bit of a spending problem, almost all of my pay check has disappeared as soon as it enters my bank account! and with university (very quickly) approaching I desperately need to stop spending! so I'm going to try and put most of my pay aside so I won't touch it (fingers crossed this lasts)
  6. DO SOMETHING!!: this may sound utterly ridiculous to most of you but I have realised that in my (almost) 18 years on this planet I haven't really done anything that spectacular or memorable and having only just realised that there just over 12 years until I turn 30 (sorry If this depresses anyone) I want to do something, like run a marathon for charity and go sky diving or leave England to visit a new country and explore it's culture.
 
Sorry this was such a long and rambley (first) post, but I hope you found out a bit more about me, do you have any new years resolutions that you really want to stick to? - let me know in the comments!
I'll speak to you soon
Happy new year!!
Robyn x 

No comments:

Post a Comment