Search This Blog

Friday 9 October 2015

One Heck of a Blot Instant Perfecting Power Primer Review

 
Recently I've been using a lot of primers to help with my make up, but I just can't find one that my skin agrees with!
They all feel great for about the first hour and then they proceed to make my skin feel greasy and cause my make up to separate, so not what a good primer is supposed to do!
 
The one I've been using the most recently is benefits porefessional, which is also guilty of feeling and looking great for the first hour and then just turns into a greasy mess on my skin.
 
 So naturally I went hunting for a new primer, one that would hopefully allow my make up to apply seemlessly and cover my pores, whilst having the staying power that is needed for my troublesome combination skin!
And along came this lil' stunner, Soap and Glory's one heck of a blot primer! I'd read a little bit about this new primer as well as being a fan of its powdered cousin! So naturally in my basket it went and I couldn't wait to try it out!
 
I've only been using it for about a week so far but from the first application I could tell that we were going to get on for quite some time (don't you just love that!).
The consistency of the primer is more like a cooling gel, which I love to refresh my face at silly o'clock in the morning, it's a translucent colourless gel meaning that it is perfect for all skin tones. It did not take any time at all to blend into my skin and unlike the professional it did not do that funny separating thing when I buffed it in to my skin(you know what I mean?), it's super comfortable and feels feather light on the skin almost as if wearing nothing!
It smoothed over all my pores and troublesome areas making my skin look flawless.
As the name would suggest it has a Demi matte finish to control oils but does not feel heavy or drying on the skin, like some other oil controlling products!
I first tried it with my favourite foundation of the moment (review to come) Estée Lauder's double wear light and I was amazed at how smoothly and evenly it applied. when I first try out a new primer I don't like to use powder over my foundation, just so that I can get a true feel for the lasting power without any extraneous variables, to my delight this primer held my face together for a full 6 hours before I even had to do the tiniest retouch!
Also after I'd removed my make up and cleansed my skin didn't feel clogged up at all, where as with other primers I feel like they clog your pores instead of actually covering over them, so I loved that and it hasn't broken me out yet, which is also a plus!
Over all I do really enjoy using this primer and will continue to continue trialling it and check back in a few weeks to let you know how I'm finding it!
 
Thanks for reading!
 
Robyn :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment